Get Help With File Explorer on Windows 10: File Explorer, formerly referred to as Windows Explorer, is really a file manager first appeared since Windows 95. It possesses a graphical user interface (GUI) and simple access to the management of files saved overall computer, just like the desktop, the library, the system partition, and also change their properties.
Just about all Windows users open File Explorer to control your files. With this thought, we know you will find a have to teach you Windows 10 file explorer help.
How to Access Windows 10 File Explorer
The best Windows 10 File Explorer assistance is tips on how to access it. You will find multiple methods to access Windows File Explorer, in conclusion:
- From This PC.Once your computer is on, you can find an icon named This PC to the desktop. By double-clicking into it, you may get the interface of File Explorer
- From the Taskbar.Normally, if your PC is switched on, it is easy to launch some programs on the taskbar, given that these are already locked before this operation
- From Cortana.Each Windows 10 edition includes intelligent assistance Cortana. Should you neither have This PC to the desktop or File Explore to the taskbar, you may type File Explorer from the Cortana search box after which think it is on the best match. As you are here, you may pin it for the Windows Start menu and the taskbar
- From Start menu.By clicking on the Windows Start menu, it is simple to get an item called File Explorer
- From Power User Task Menu.Press the Windows logo key and X together to load the Power User menu, and then File Explorer needs to be listed there
- From Shortcut key.By pressing the Windows logo key and E together, the File Explorer can look immediately
If you are in Windows 10 File Explorer, you will notice the 5 categories on the left action panel, and are also Quick access, OneDrive, This PC, Libraries, and Network.
Best Features in Windows 10 File Explorer
Despite File Explore in Windows 10 provides users with multiple useful features, you may be wondering when there is any Windows 10 file explorer tutorial that helps you go by using all of the methods simply. The following are the best features which are favorite among the users.
- Home Tab: It found on the top left corner from the file explorer, the new home tab makes many of the tasks and commands simpler than before and this copying a file maybe it removing it, and you will carry it out using the home tab. In Windows 10, if you tap Windows + E, you’ll automatically get to your home tab
- Share Tab: You will find the share tab at the top left corner from the file explorer, this also tab enables you to share lots of folders and files anywhere you need via only one tap. For sharing a file, you may also convert the files in the zip format in addition to copy by using the share tab
- View Tab: you are preview the images and documents by clicking the Preview pane; it is easy to change the file preview from small icon showing details to large icons showing title
- Quick access: It will be just about the most helpful top features of the new file explorer, and also with this feature, you can go to folders and files you have frequently visited. You will find mainly two different sections on this feature of frequent folders and recent files
- OneDrive: Windows Explorer in Windows 8.1 enables you to save files right to OneDrive and you cannot sync the files in OneDrive using your PC or local system. The latest file explorer has overcome this drawback. Now you can not simply save the files to OneDrive but as well sync these with the system
File Explorer Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts
Right here is the tutorial for File Explorer Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts. When you are much dependent on your keyboard, then its useful to you to hold these keyboard shortcuts in your mind. Get list some useful Windows File Explorer keyboard shortcuts:
|Alt + D||Go to the address bar|
|Alt + Enter||Display the Properties of the selected file or folder.|
|Alt + Left Arrow Key||Go back One Folder in history.|
|Alt + Right Arrow Key||Go forward One Folder in history.|
|Alt + P||Show/Hide the Preview pane.|
|Ctrl + D||Move file or folder to Recycle Bin.|
|Ctrl + E||Go to the search box.|
|Ctrl + E||Activate the Search bar in File Explorer.|
|Ctrl + F||Go to the search box.|
|Ctrl + Mouse Wheel up or Down||Increase or Decrease the size of Icons in File Explorer.|
|Ctrl + N||Open a new File Explorer window.|
|Ctrl + Shift + E||Display all folders above the selected folder.|
|Ctrl + Shift + N:||Create a new folder.|
|Ctrl + W||Close the current File Explorer window.|
|F11||Maximize or minimize the active window.|
|Home||Display the top item in the active window.|
|Num Lock + Asterisk (*)||Display all subfolders under the selected folder.|
|Num Lock + Minus (-)||Collapse the selected folder.|
|Num Lock + Plus (+)||Display the contents of the selected folder.|
|Shift + Delete||Permanently delete file or folder.|
Can be these keyboard shortcuts let everyone get help with file explorer in Windows 10.
Enable/Disable Quick Access on the Main Screen
As all things have two sides, although many users speak highly of Quick Access, quite a few users feel its troublesome to change of this PC every time once they open File Explore. Actually, it is quite to customize a specific item on the first view once you open Windows File Explorer.
Step 1. Click on File after which Change folder and check options.
Step 2. In the following pop-up window, drop down your box of Open File Explorer to. At that time you can find two options and are also Quick Access this also PC. Just choose the one you want and you will find what you need so when if you open File Explorer.
Note: If you choose Quick Access, please ensure the two options under Privacy is enabled.
Pin the Frequently Used to Quick Access
Quick access is found in the initial place from the left panel which teaches you the best commonly used folders and also recent files created/modified. When you have many of files/folders saved on your computer, it is advisable to get the target files from Quick access.
Even so, when the files you need will not appear, you may pin to Quick Access. This is how this can be done:
Right-click the mark file/folder. On the context menu, select Pin to Quick access when the following picture shows. (Tip: to remove, just select Unpin from Quick Access.)
Tip: If someday you have to remove a file from Quick access, just select that files and select Remove from Quick access in the context menu.
Manage Hard Drive on this PC
By entering This PC, it is easy to view all FAT and NTFS partitions which have drive letters. Which is also simple to perform something basic to manage hard drive partitions. Specifically speaking, you may copy, format, rename the displayed partitions and look at its properties.
Usually, in relation to disk partition management, most Windows users choose Disk Management or they use third-party software for help. And often, the second the type of as MiniTool Partition Wizard is deeply trusted.
Basically, MiniTool Partition Wizard makes it simpler to repartition hard drive, to change file system, to change partition style, to change cluster size, to manage dynamic disks, and others, that is much powerful compared to Windows tools. Till now, greater than tens of millions of users have their issue resolved by using all-in-one partition manager.
Check out the product page to find the details when you are interested or your may download the free edition to possess a try first.
File Explorer Windows 10 Not Working after Right Click
Even though File Explorer is often used each day, what happens if you find File Explorer Windows 10 not working. Just about the most common problems is that File Explorer crashes/hangs after right click.
When you are troubled from the same problem, you can just keep to the simple guideline below to get help with file explorer in Windows 10.
Fix 1 – Using CMD to Fix File Explorer Crash
Step 1. Press Windows key and X as well to launch the power user menu, then select Command Prompt (Admin) option on the set of selection. If this will not appear, try this in your Cortana search box.
Step 2. From the command line window, type netsh and hit Enter. Then always type winstock reset and hit Enter.
Step 3. Now restart your pc and view when the problem is resolved.
Fix 2 – Uninstall Update
Step 1. Keep to the path: Start button -> Settings -> Update & security. The other the left pane, select Windows Update, simply the right pane, select View update history.
Step 2. Click on Uninstall updates. Then on the new window, see if likely to update item named KB3081449 or KB3081448. When you can select one, right-click into it and select Uninstall.
Step 3. Restart your pc and next look at when the File Explorer Windows 10 not working issue have been removed.
Looking at here, guess there is a better knowledge of Windows 10 file explorer tutorial. Expect that the problem with Windows 10 File Explorer is solved. In your future, you need to realize its easier to work with Windows 10.
When you have any suggestions on getting help with File Explorer Windows 10, you may keep us comments or send a contact to email@example.com in your following method to help more users. Thanks before you start.