File Explorer is actually an advance sort of Windows Explorer of Windows 7 and previous versions. Let’s check out how to get help with file explorer in Windows 10. As a result of several request from the visitors, had been creating prepared to get help with File Explorer in Windows 10. Microsoft provides many extra features in Windows 10 Operation System. Several features are changed from previous version. File Explorer is a which is an advance sort of Windows Explorer of Windows 7 and previous versions.
As a result of change, new name and adjusted location of options, users are not fully tuned to the extra features or solutions in File Explorer. Relating to this information will help these to get help with File Explorer in Windows 10. To start with allow us to look at apparent changes or development provided by File Explorer in Windows 10.
What’s changed in File Explorer?
Quick Navigation :
- OneDrive can be section of File Explorer. To learn more on how it does work in Windows 10, check out OneDrive on your Computer.
- On Windows 7, using Windows Explorer, usually you can find landed within my Pc to see C & D Drives. Working with Windows 10, whenever File Explorer opens, you’ll land in Quick access. The commonly used folders and lately used files are available right now there, to actually won’t have to search your folders every time. You can also pin your favorite folders to Quick access to check they’re easily available. For more info, notice Pin, remove, and customize in Quick access.
- Now, it is possible to share files and photos in the File Explorer. Select the files you want to share, go to a Share tab located in top menu, select the Share button, and then select an app. For more info on sharing options, notice Share files in File Explorer.
- My Computer is definitely called This PC and that won’t show on your desktop instantly. Go to Start Menu to make it.
- Libraries won’t come in File Explorer instantly. To add those to the left pane, Navigation for the View tab -> Navigation pane -> Show libraries.
These are primary changes you will get in File Explorer.
Get help with file explorer in Windows 10 with customization
Quick Access: You will have lot folders spread with the all drives, and you will need frequent access to only number of these. To get access to all these file in one location, you may use “Quick Access” option.
If you want a folder to look in Quick access, right-click it and select Pin to Quick access. Unpin it when you don’t require it there any more.
OneDrive: If you have learned all about Google Drive, OneDrive is related cloud storage service from Mircosoft. OneDrive is free online storage that offer your Microsoft account. It can save your important files there and you’ll will get to them from your PC, tablet, or phone on the World.
Navigation: You may use VIEW tab in top menu of File Explorer to modify check out left pane from your File Explorer.
File Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10
|Press this key||To do this|
|Alt+D||Select the address bar|
|Ctrl+E||Select the search box|
|Ctrl+F||Select the search box|
|Ctrl+N||Open a new window|
|Ctrl+W||Close the current window|
|Ctrl+mouse scroll wheel||Change the size and appearance of file and folder icons|
|Ctrl+Shift+E||Display all folders above the selected folder|
|Ctrl+Shift+N||Create a new folder|
|Num Lock+asterisk (*)||Display all subfolders under the selected folder|
|Num Lock+plus (+)||Display the contents of the selected folder|
|Num Lock+minus (-)||Collapse the selected folder|
|Alt+P||Display the preview pane|
|Alt+Enter||Open the Properties dialog box for the selected item|
|Alt+Right arrow||View the next folder|
|Alt+Up arrow||View the folder that the folder was in|
|Alt+Left arrow||View the previous folder|
|Backspace||View the previous folder|
|Right arrow||Display the current selection (if it’s collapsed), or select the first subfolder|
|Left arrow||Collapse the current selection (if it’s expanded), or select the folder that the folder was in|
|End||Display the bottom of the active window|
|Home||Display the top of the active window|
|F11||Maximize or minimize the active window|
Problem and Solution: Windows 10 File Explorer is not responding
If File Explorer is not responding or crash down continuously, it might possible which any type of application in your system is not works with the OS. I understand used the following solution to target my quest:
- Donwload CCleaner (free software)
- Go in Tools
- Go in Startup
- After that disable all software which show up.
When your File Explorer is working now, simply enable the software individually to know which type is a source of problem. Right after enabling any software, File Explorer stops responding or crashed down then that specific software is having problem. Now look at by uninstalling or reinstalling that software.
Thanks for reading this article. I think, There is protected important specifics made to get help with File Explorer in Windows 10. Still you will get question or any problem, pleases comment below, I want to try to reply about this Quickly.